Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Loved.

The college entrance essay for Mrs.Batchelor's class...

The rough concrete under my bare legs scratched coarsely as I rocked back and forth crying, “Mommy please let me in!” Surrounded by still darkness, I did not dare attempt to open the door. I knew it remained locked. I could not feel the cutting wind or the fat raindrops hit me, solely consumed by how invisible I felt as she stared at me chillingly. My uncontrollable shivering stemmed not from the cold November night, but the overwhelming knowledge of my mother’s love locked away from me on the other side of that glass door; separated from my Mommy’s warm arms. An act done by her with intention.
Flash-forward… I now lay covered by the new blankets in my new bed, hearing echoes of my new family giggling and playing downstairs. Warm and safe, protected and loved describe the emotions that now fill my once lonely heart. Thankfully, a family opened their life, their home and most importantly, their arms to accept me. They set an example of what I am called to do with my life.
Speaking to helpless children of neglect, young adults filled with loneliness, and men and women around the world with starving hearts allows me to share my message of hope. The intimate message of the love that found me, a love that took an orphan in, now explodes from within me. That gift of love demonstrated towards me draws my heart to do the same for others. Advocacy of mental illnesses that daily pollute the lives of children proves a cause worthy to fight for. I want to study psychology in the hope of grasping the human mind, the illnesses and tendencies of different diseases. This education will equip me with knowledge a child psychologist requires, proactively speaking for children unable to defend themselves. Counseling children and leading them into lives unhindered by mental illnesses motivates me to make a difference for them just as a family made a difference for a little girl on the wrong side of the door.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18

5 comments:

  1. Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp HOW WIDE AND LONG AND HIGH AND DEEP IS THE LOVE OF CHRIST, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

    Precious Corina, you are loved and adopted by your new family just as you are loved and adopted by God. Ephesians 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corina Anne,

    I do not know you personally, but I can tell by your well written story that you have a very loving heart and I admire your compassion and your ambition to help make a difference in the lives of others.
    While God did not intend for you to live in an abusive environment, "We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
    Just as your new family made a difference in your life because of their love for God; you too, will have an impact on the lives of those who are blessed to know you and share that same love.

    Best wishes and my prayers for the good work you are doing and for the work yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corina,
    Your story has literally left me sobbing. The past few years I have seen some pretty amazing miracles from our heavenly father. The way that Caleb came about in all our lives especailly Carey an Ernie's, is truely amazing. The bits and pieces of what you went through (and reading your story)and coming to the Kambers is another tremendous thing from God.
    I am literally enthralled by you, Corina. THe life that you went through , and the life you are leading now is another incredible miracle. I can say I never thought I would ever meet someone that had to endure what you did. And then coming up on the other side so focused on our heavenly father. Is truly a work of our Lord.
    You are a incredible young women inside and out. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing Corina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete